Friday 25 May 2012

Installation of AX 2012 with SSRS and EP


Hi Axaptians

This post is about my experience and steps for installing AX 2012 along with EPand SSRS.
I have been planning to install AX 2012 along with SSRS and EP because I was not feeling comfortable with the VPC.
In today's post, I would like to explain you about my installation experience. I hope this would help someone who is planning for a single computer installation.

I wanted to start this installation from scratch. So, Initially I have installed Windows Server 2008 R2.
Installed Active Directory using Role Manager and dcpromo. The following link would help you in installing Active directory.

Created a BCProxy account with an unexpired password account.
Installed SQL Server 2008 R2 with SSRS and SSAS which is pretty simple.
Installed Web Server (IIS) in Windows Server 2008 for sharepoint(Server Manager->Roles->Add Roles-> Mark on Web Server and click Install).
Later installed SharePoint 2010 and configured it. During the SharePoint Configuration I have faced few issues but the below link has helped me in configuring the SharePoint successfully.

Installed Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate for editing or creating SSRSreports/EP pages.
I have also installed Microsoft Office 2010 because it is a pre-requisite for AX 2012 single computer installation as there is some Add-On to integrate AX2012 and Office suite.
Now, before starting AX 2012 installation. I have gone through a link
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee355041.aspx
 which are some pre-requisites before we install Reporting extensions and based on it i made sure that SSRS URL is working perfectly.
After everything, I ran AX 2012 setup which has shown some pre-requisites where we need to configure few things/install few hotfixes related to SQL server, Sharepoint, SSRS etc.,
During the installation, It was asked for the BCProxy account and its password. I have specified it which has been created in Step 2.
Updated AX 2012 with Cumulative update -2.
Launched AX 2012 and finalized the installation checklist.

Tested SSRS reports from AX and also Enterprise portal. Both were working fine and finally I have achieved my target.

By Giridhar Raj's Blog

You can always reach me at axapta4all@gmail.com
Anonymous Axaptian

1 comment: